Marching Band News and NotesHello,
updated weekly by Mr. Royer
We are about to make our final big push for this season. Here the schedule for the NEXT TWO WEEKS.
- Thursday 10/17 6:25-9:00 Full Rehearsal
- Friday 10/18 4:45 FB @ E-town
- Saturday 10/19 12:00 noon LCMBC Festival at Ephrata; 12:00 – 2:45 rehearsal; leave time 3:45; Performance time 7:45
- Tuesday 10/22 3:00-4:00 After school rehearsal for the parade; THIS IS ONE WEEK EARLIER THAN WHAT IS ON THE SCHEDULE.
- Thursday 10/24 6:30 Strasburg Halloween Parade. Parade steps of at 7:00PM.
- Friday 10/25 4:45 FB @ Cocalico
- Saturday 10/26 11:00 LCMBC Finale. 11:00 Rehearsal; 12:15 leave time; 1:00 mass band rehearsal at McCaskey; 3:00 Dinner 5:45 performance.
- Tuesday 11/19 7:00 L-SMB Recognition night. With Thanksgiving being so late this year the 19th feels early, but it is correct.
Please read the following email I received over the weekend. You are all doing L-S proud!
Good Morning Mr. Royer,
I attended the Hempfield vs LS Football Game last evening, mainly to see my granddaughter on the Hempfield Cheering Squad, but was highly impressed watching the Lampeter-Strasburg Marching Band Performance at halftime. The band sounded great, well-balanced and the marching technique was quite good also. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole show. Congratulations to you and your staff for a job well-done.
Please convey my message to your musicians. Thanks.
Dale Weller - Retired Director of the Warwick Marching Band 1969-1999.
Here is the Link to report and upcoming absence. Please use it for all absences WHICH SHOULD PRIMARILY INCLUDE athletic events, family events like a wedding etc. Even if you have already emailed me, it would be helpful to re-submit it to this form. Remember, it is never OK to miss an event. You are all important to everything we do!
Absence Reporting Form
L-SMB 2019 Parent: 81010 @ckfa2c
L-SMB 2019 Student: 81010 @lsmb2
The Band Boosters Association
The Band Booster supports the instrumental program of the Lampeter-Strasburg High School by providing support for the L-S Marching Band and its associated sub-groupings such as pit orchestra, jazz band, color guard, concert band, etc., and working with the Band Director and the advisers for the overall good of the band.